INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: SYSTEMS SUPPORT
Qualification: NCITSysSup (MICTS)
SAQA ID 48573 NQF 5
The National Certificate: Information Technology: System Support is designed to develop learners with the competencies based on the skills profile for the system support career path. Learners build on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF level 4, via the FETC: IT Technical Support or equivalent. This qualification expands the following specialisation(s):
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for personal computers
- Data Communication and Network Support
- Hardware and Infrastructure Support for office products, with further specialisation(s) into IT Support fields or in any other related markets
- Foundational skills in English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a personal computer competently
- 1 year full-time study according to certificate requirements.
- Upon successful completion of the whole programme, i.e. competence achieved in the summative assessments, the successful completion of the WIL component, and provided the learner's PoE is found competent, the learner will receive a Y2K Results Letter outlining the unit standards covered.
- Y2K will apply to MICT SETA on the learner's behalf for the National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Support, SAQA ID 48573, NQF level 5 to be awarded.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external examinations, the learner will receive MCITP/MCTS and CompTIA Certification at the learners own cost.
With this qualification, learners could pursue a career as a/an:
- End-User Support Technician
- IT Technician
- Network Technician
- System Administrator