Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (70-685)
SAQA ID 21191, Level 4 (12 credits)
This Skills Programme is occupationally based and when successfully completed, will constitute credits towards the abovementioned qualification registered on the NQF.
This Skills Programme will equip learners with the necessary skills to implement Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (70-685). It is recognised internationally and learners may complete optional external computer based exams for international recognition.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full qualification: FET Certificate: PC Support, SAQA ID 21191, Level 4, 120 credits.
- English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Approved CAT exemption
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse, etc.)
The programme duration is 46 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Y2K campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
- On successful completion of the programme and if the learner is found competent in the PoE, the learner will receive a Y2K letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Y2K will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional International MCITP exam, the learner will receive a Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician Certificate for international recognition.
Upon successful completion learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Network Administrator