Windows Server Administration 2008 (70-646)
SAQA ID: Part of 48573, Level 5 (25 credits)
This Skills Programme is occupationally based and when successfully completed, will constitute credits towards the abovementioned qualification registered on the NQF.
In this Skills Programme, learners will develop hands-on experience in Server Administration for Windows Server 2008 and prepare for the 70-646 MCITP exams. Whether you are looking to install, deploy, delegate, update, or secure your Windows Server 2008 computers, this course will guide you into becoming a highly qualified server administrator.
This Skills Programme is part of a MICT SETA accredited full programme: National Certificate: Information Technology: Systems Support (PC Engineering), SAQA ID 48573, Level 5, 147 credits.
- English and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to use a computer competently
The programme duration is 95 hours and the tuition is face-to-face based on the NQF notional hours. This excludes time to complete assessments, do research and self study. Each Y2K campus has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
- Upon successful completion of the programme, if the learner is found to be "Competent" in the PoE, the learner will receive a Y2K letter of results outlining the unit standards covered and Y2K will apply to MICT SETA on behalf of the learner for the endorsement of competency against the unit standards covered together with the credits obtained.
- Upon successful completion of the optional external exam, the learner will receive a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) (70-646) Certificate.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (upon successful completion of the optional external exams)
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator