Cargo Advanced Rating and Marketing Description
Review basic cargo rating and marketing principles such- rates and charges, advanced construction and combination principles, Air Waybill completion, pricing strategies, distribution cost, advertisement, marketing Plan and concept of Door-to-Door Service
- Available as: Distance Learning course
- Duration: 160-200 hours for course plus 3.5 hours for exam
- Recommended level: Entry-level and Professional Prerequisites: None Facilitator Contact time: 15 hours
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Apply advanced construction and combination principles for unpublished rates.
- Calculate appropriate rates and charges for mixed consignments, Unit Load Devices (ULDs) and complete Air Waybills.
- Describe pricing strategies and why and how they are used.
- Describe the factors involved in setting an advertising budget and selecting advertising media and blend elements of social media into a marketing/advertising plan.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents
- Freight forwarders
- Cargo operations and marketing managers
- Cargo revenue accounting and revenue management analysts
- Review of basic cargo rating principles and currency regulations as conversion rates, rounding off procedures and construction rates.
- Combination of rates and charges, mixed consignments, declaration of the goods and Air Waybill completion.
- Identifying the needs of the shipper and the consignee and developing an efficient and reliable transportation system that can be sold at an attractive price.
- Appling both traditional advertising and advertising in the digital world, creation of effective marketing plan and identifying target groups as it relates to the airfreight industry.
- An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 60% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher